Tuesday, February 12, 2008

my little yellow pen

It's a bit of a love/hate relationship between me and my pen, I mean, I love the little guy, he's been hanging around for the last 4 or so months now and not let me down, I must've written about 100 pages with this guys but fuck, can he fly. He's like a fucking plectrum, you drop him and then shit. He's like 2 metres away and I have to hunt like fuck.

Anyway, he is a good pen so I will not hate on him.

A few things today

1. Next year is sometimes scary, sometimes not.
2. Y: The Last Man volume 2 is consistently good, some real real rad plot/character development going on there. My hat goes off to Brian K Vaughn, literally, I just took my hat off.
3. You don't realise how important it is to have your own phone until someone doesn't have one, it is literally THE most frustrating thing trying to get a hold of someone when they don't have a phone. Even if you just want to chat or whatever.

A lot lately I have been thinking things like 'look at this guy, he's 27, that's you in 10 years where are you gonna be?' and 'what will I do in 5 years?' But I've sort of come to the conclusion that this is where I am in 17 years and really that's what's most important. Last weekend was really just an awesome weekend, like, an absolutely fantastic few days. Friday night it was just me Laurie, Simon and Munton but we ripped up the town, me and Laurie ended up having a heart to heart with some of the guys who used to beat us back when we were 14, which was really weird but kinda cool to see that no one is really bothered by that kind of crap anymore. Saturday night I ended up asleep with my face in a tub of rice and Sunday I had one of the best hangouts I have had in a while.

Hats off to all involved.

No comments: